An Easter message for families - from the Principal of Cromer AcademyBack
Dear parents, carers and students,
At the end of this term, I wanted to write to our whole school community with an Easter message.
It has been a strange and difficult time for both our school and the wider community. We’ve faced disappointments - the cancellation of the ski trip, the postponement of the school production and the fact that we haven’t been able to do our charity sponsored walk. We are also all thinking of our year 11s who won’t be able to take their exams this year. But there have been fond memories this term.
The message of Easter is the message of hope - and we have seen that in spades here in Cromer. Here are some inspiring examples I wanted to share with you:
- Our students have been shopping and providing essential grocery items for the elderly or vulnerable people in their street.
- Families are supporting each other, including sharing resources.
- Our local schools have all been in contact, making sure we can provide for all of our students.
- Our Sports Hall is currently being used as an emergency rest centre to help provide food for those in need.
- The school has offered our PPE to the local authority and NHS.
- Staff are making phone calls, keeping in touch and continuing to provide for the many vulnerable families that we serve.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. These aren’t the stories you’ll find popping up on Look East, but the determinations of a community that is focused on supporting each other. I often say in assembly to the students that the best intentions are those when you do the right thing, even when nobody's looking.
I am incredibly proud of the students and staff at Cromer. The hard work of the staff to produce their home learning packs was amazing. The maturity and fortitude of the students was incredible to see. Not forgetting our parents - we would like to thank you for your support while we’ve adapted and overcome challenges.
We don’t know how long this will last, but I do know that for as long it does, our school stands ready to support your family and our community. When “covid-19” is a quiz answer, I hope we remember some of the stories of hope, as well as the closures and cancellation of exams.
Wishing you all a very happy and safe Easter.
Mr A Little