We encourage our students to take pride in their appearance and expect all our students to wear full uniform throughout the school day, including on the way to and from school. We ask that parents support us in enforcing the uniform guidelines.
The Cromer Academy uniform supplier is Stevensons. Uniform can be bought all year round via its website, by phone on 01603 622355, or at its store at 67 Ber Street, Norwich.
Visit the Stevensons website hereFor more information about ordering from Stevensons please download the leaflet at the foot of this page.
- Black formal leather or leather-look shoes with a low heel. No plimsolls or trainers and no logos
- Plain grey or black ankle socks, or opaque black or natural tights
- Charcoal grey Academy trousers or pleated Academy skirt
- Tailored grey shorts are an acceptable alternative to trousers or skirts
- White plain cotton long- or short-sleeved shirt
- Navy blue Academy jumper with pale blue stripe at neck (optional)
- Charcoal grey Academy blazer with logo on breast pocket. This must be worn at all times around the school, except at the teacher's discretion in the classroom
- Blue striped Academy tie
- Coats of a traditional style and hats/scarves can be worn to and from school
On the days when a pupil has a P.E. lesson they are required to bring their full Cromer Academy P.E. kit. This consists of:
- Navy Academy sports polo shirt with academy logo
- Plain navy sports socks
- Plain navy shorts/tracksuit bottoms or navy / black leggings
- In cold weather the navy Academy half zip outer layer can be worn or a plain navy base layer or ‘skins’ is permitted to be worn underneath the polo shirt or trousers/leggings.
- Team shirts will be provided for sports fixtures
It is strongly recommended that all items of PE kit are clearly marked with the pupil’s name.
Pupils are also required to bring suitable footwear. Sports trainers must provide effective grip, support and reasonable protection for both indoor and outdoor sporting activities. Pupils who take part in extracurricular football or rugby squads will need to have boots, appropriate for the surface and conditions.
We strongly advise the use of gum shields and shin pads in hockey, gum shields for rugby and shin pads for football. It is the responsibility of a parent to provide their child with protective equipment that is fit for purpose. If required, pupils are able to purchase shin pads and gum shields from Student Services.
Please note: It is strongly recommended that all items are clearly marked with the student's name and form.
- Medical-aware or religious necklaces and bracelets
- Badges and awards given by the school
One pair of small stud earrings only. No other forms of body or facial piercing are permitted. (An Elastoplast over a piercing is NOT acceptable). Students will be expected to remove and if they refuse will be internally isolated until resolved.
Should items of jewellery be brought to school that are not permitted, the student should expect the item to be confiscated and returned at the end of the day from the rep (referral point)
Hair must be neat and of a natural colour and conventional style. Students will be internally isolated until resolved if this is not the case. In some subjects, students will be required to tie back long hair for safety reasons. Students should bring to school something for this purpose.
- If worn, make-up should be minimal and discreet. Nail varnish should not be worn.
If a student does not adhere to these rules, parents will be contacted by letter and/or by phone. If a student continues to wear the incorrect uniform, including hair, jewellery and/or make-up, then they will be internally isolated until the situation is resolved. The headteacher's decision on appropriate uniform is final.