Our school values are very important as they guide our behaviours and decisions. We want our students to develop so that they may go on to positively contribute to society. Together, with strong academic outcomes and access to wide cultural capital, these are the cornerstone of future success.
Our values are confidence, kindness, hard work, respect and determination.
We don’t just talk about ‘Cromer values’, we live them!
our values represented in the following ways:
- All rooms in the academy will have a values poster on display. We show students what these look like in school rather than just being ‘words on the wall’.
- Our assemblies throughout the year are based on the school values. Each assembly will begin and end with the same slide, reminding students of the values.
- The values are the basis of the rewards system. Merit points can be rewarded for each of the five values. This allows the students, and their parents, to reflect on the values at reporting time.
- At each of the celebration assemblies, we give out certificates and trophies for students who are recognised as having consistently demonstrated our values.
- Each week, one student is identified by the member of leadership team, taking the assembly to receive a bar of Cromer chocolate in recognition of something they have done that week to demonstrate our values in practice.
- As members of staff, we are all expected to demonstrate these values ourselves through our work, interactions with students, visitors and trust staff. As staff members, we use the ‘value words’ when praising students and suggesting improvements.