Our school values are very important as they guide our behaviours and decisions. We want our pupils to develop so that they may go on to positively contribute to society. Together, with strong academic outcomes and access to wide cultural capital, these are the cornerstone of future success.
We don’t just talk about our values, we live them. We follow the ‘Cromer Way.’
Specifically, we will see our values represented in the following ways:
- All rooms in the Academy will have a ‘values’ poster on display and in form rooms, we will show pupils what these look like in school rather than just being ‘words on the wall’.
- Our assemblies throughout the year will be based on the school values
- At each of the celebration assemblies we will be giving out certificates and trophies for pupils who are recognised as having consistently demonstrated our values.
- Each week, one pupil will be identified by the member of Leadership Team taking the assembly to receive a ‘Cromer Crab’ chocolate bar in recognition of something they have done that week to demonstrate our values in practice.
- As members of staff we are all expected to demonstrate these values ourselves through our work, interactions with pupils, visitors and trust staff. As staff members we should use the ‘value words’ when praising pupils but also when to point out what they could have done better.